How to download Chromecast app for Windows 10?
Chromecast app for Windows 10: Do you prefer watching your favorite online series episodes or movies on a bigger screen? If that is what you are looking for, then welcome as you are at the right place. You would have heard some of the people saying these days the phrase,”Chromecast it”! Well, what does it actually mean? We will be taking a look at the solution of such queries in today’s article. So, just sit back, relax and enjoy reading the guide to learn about Chromecast.
What is Chromecast?
In simple terms, Chromecast is an affordable device using which you can create a replica of your mobile or Laptop screen on your TV. By this way, you will be able to easily enjoy your favorite online TV shows, movies, radio stations, songs, etc on a larger screen. You will be able to access online content from websites like YouTube, Netflix, and other supported services.
In today’s article, we are going to discuss how to install chromecast app for Windows 10. As we are going to use our PC, we will be able to cast the screen easily by just using Google Chrome browser. In normal TV, one has to have access to the remote to do functions like start, pause, rewind, volume change, etc. But, this is not the case in here. You will be able to directly control the stuff from your Laptop/PC screen. Quite convenient right? Anyways, keep reading the article as before we begin the process we would need to set up some basic requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO RUN CHROMECAST APP FOR WINDOWS 10:
- Chromecast Device & all the necessary utilities provided with it. This includes Power Plug, Cable, etc.
- A High Definition Television Set with support for USB & HDMI port.
- For sure, one Windows 10 Laptop/PC
- A common WiFi network among all the running devices
Also Read: How to Install Remix OS on Your PC
INITIAL SET UP PROCEDURE –
So, you have arranged all the minimum requirements to start the process. But, my friend, before we begin the main set up procedure, there’s an initial set up procedure of Plugging and all. We have to make sure that all of the devices are plugged in properly and giving good flow as then only we will be able to run Chromecast properly on your TV screen. So, check out the following steps:
- Begin by connecting your Chromecast device to your power cable.
- Follow up by connecting the Chromecast cable to the HDMI port of your TV. You can take help of HDMI extender also
- It’s now time to connect your Chromecast device to the power supply. You can do it by the following 2 ways-
a) First, you can join the adapter with the power outlet
b) Or, you can insert into the USB port of your TV to get the power supply.
- Proceed by switching on your Television set and accessing the menu to choose the right HDMI input. You have to check the working status of each input.
- This is the final step! You have to finally make a connection of your Chromecast device with your WiFi network.
Also Read: Top 3 iOS Emulator for PC
MAIN PROCESS TO SETUP CHROMECAST ON YOUR WINDOWS 10:
Alright, so everything is set up and ready! It’s now time to head to the main process of setting up Chromecast device on your Windows 10. The good thing is you don’t need to download any additional app for this process. You just need the Chrome browser and you are good to go as the browser has got all the required in-built features! Anyways, let us check out the steps below –
1) (Skip this if you already have Google Chrome) Go and download Google Chrome by visiting here. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the app.
2) Before opening the browser, make sure all the cables and all are connected properly. Next, we will be opening Google Chrome & accessing the menu by clicking on the 3 vertical lines on the top right corner of the application.
3) A drop-down list of options will appear! From there select “Cast” by clicking on it. After that, proceed to the option” Cast Desktop” located under Share your screen.
4) It will now start searching for all the nearby Chromecast device. Once it finds the device, you will automatically get notified. You can proceed by clicking on “Continue”.
5) Boom! You can now start connecting your WiFi to the device. Once done, after few seconds your TV screen will be a replica of your Windows 10 PC/Laptop screen. It’s now time to enjoy your favorite movies, songs, and other services included in Chromecast.
That brings us to the end of the article on Chromecast app for Windows 10. We hope that you will now be moving away from traditional methods and start using modern ways to watch your TV by controlling it from your laptop only. You can acess almost anything, from Netflix to YouTube. What is not on the Internet! Don’t forget to share the article and comment down your views.