How to make a bootable pen drive
Have your computer got a virus or malware due to which it’s causing a lot of problems? Have you forgotten your Windows login password? Have you started experiencing errors due to technical software issues? Well, there’s a very great solution to all these problems. You can reinstall your Windows operating system on your computer device. Well, if you want to reinstall the OS then you must have the Windows backup on a DVD/CD. As much we are aware, most of you would have doubt about the location of your Windows installation disc. In such cases, you should create a bootable pen drive. The pen drive will help you to install the OS on your computer fast and easily.So without wasting any more time let’s start with How to make a bootable pen drive.
Before we begin the steps we need to complete some minimum requirements which are listed below. And don’t worry, the process of creating a bootable pen drive is pretty easy.
1) A Pen drive with minimum or more than 4 GB of empty space
2) Windows iso file
3) For sure, a working computer or laptop
STEPS TO of How to MAKE a BOOTABLE PEN DRIVE IN WINDOWS 7, 8, 10, ETC.
METHOD 1: CREATE A BOOTABLE PEN DRIVE USING SOFTWARE
In this method, we are going to create a bootable pen drive using a software. This is one of the most easiest and working method than other traditional methods out there. Anyways, you just need to make sure that you are selecting the right options. Do a double checking before initiating the process. Let’s not waste any more time and begin the process.
1) First, you have to install the software Rufus tool which is of 1 MB and can be downloaded by visiting this page.
2) Next, you have to open the application on your working device.
3) Next, insert the pen drive which you want to change into a bootable pen drive in your USB port.
4) After installing, open the installed software and perform the following settings to create a bootable pen drive:
a) Under Partition scheme and target system type choose, “MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers.
b) Proceed by selecting “NTFS” located under File System.
c) Next, choose cluster size as”4096 bytes (Default) “.
5) Now, under Format Options select” 2 Passes”, and process the following ticks:
- Tick on Quick format
- Tick on Create a bootable disk using, after that select the iso file you want to use.
- Finally, tick on Create extended label and icon files
6) After all these, just click on Start and after few minutes your bootable pen drive would be ready.
7) Your computer will now be restarted. Don’t forget to select the boot priority USB drive otherwise, your boot may not at all take place.
Also Read: Top 3 iOS Emulator for PC
METHOD 2: How to make a bootable Pen Drive USING CMD
Here, we will be taking a look at How to Make a bootable pen drive using CMD on your computer. This method will only work for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and not 10. Anyways, let us follow this easy and cool method.
1) Open Command Prompt as administration by right-clicking on CMD icon and choosing, Run as administrator.
2) Once it opens, enter the following command: disk part
3) It will display some data about your PC. Continue by entering another command: list disk
4) It should now show you the connected disks. Just enter the following command: Select @ and don’t forget to replace” @” with your disk number
5) It’s time to clean your drive and to do that, you have to enter command: Clean
6) Now, we will be creating a partition memory. It’s a very important step of this process. Enter the command: create partition memory
7) Then enter the command select partition 1, which will eventually select the new partition. If you see active as the status then enter the command: active. This will finally activate the partition.
8) It’s time to format your USB drive. To do so, enter the command: format fs = 32, and proceed by hitting enter. You will be able to check the progress limit in percentage.
9) Now, just enter the command: assign and finally exit the disk management area by entering the command : exit and hitting enter.
10) Last, but not the least! Just copy down your Windows OS files to your pen drive to make it work kine a bootable drive.
Also Read: How to Install Kodi on Android Box
That brings us to the end of the post on How to Make a bootable pen drive easily. We have listed down two methods and we hope that at least one of them help you. If you still have any doubt or query, then let us know in the comments section. Also, don’t forget to share the article on your social media handles.